Do you want to contribute to Kaur Life, but don’t know what to write about? Here are a few prompts to get you started. For more ideas, email us hello@KaurLife.org .
- How has Sikhi affected your life?
- How has Sikhi helped you through a challenging moment in your life?
- What do you love about Sikhi the most?
- How do you live a Guru-centered life?
- How do you raise your kids as Sikhs in America?
- What is the role of the Khalsa in modern America?
- How do you live a mindful life?
- How do you deal with discrimination?
- Simran styles and techniques.
- Have you seen discrimination against someone and what did you do to work against it?
- Write a Sikh wedding guide.
- Write about your own anand karaj expereince.
- How has marriage helped you get closer to Waheguru?
- Write about a notable Kaur at the top of her field or doing creative work.
- Interview a Kaur that inspires you.
- Write a short article on a historical Kaur.
- Write an article about a Kaur who inspires you.
- How has your sister or mother or grandmother (or other Kaur) influenced your Sikhi?
- How do you raise your children to be strong Kaurs?
- How do you raise your children to be respectful of women, Kaurs and all people? and to help create the egalitarian society the Guru worked towards?
- Write about domestic violence in the Sikh community and potential solutions.
- Write about gender roles (how it helps or hurts Singhs and Kaurs).
Bana & Saroop:
- Write a tutorial on how to drape cool chunis.
- Write a tutorial on dastar tying.
- Write a tutorial on cool hair styles.
- Provide sewing patterns for kacheras.
- Write a prom dress guide for kesh dhari Kaurs.
- Write a fashion guide for an amrit dhari woman.
- Write about the Kaur identity.
- Translate/interpret shabads that deal with gender issues.
- Write about Kaurs who excel in sport.s
- Write a review on books by and for Kaurs and books about Sikhi.
- What’s your favorite book on Sikhi? Why?
- Write about domestic violence in the Sikh community.
- Write about gender roles.
- If you are LGBTQIA+, write about your experiences.
- How do you challenge the patriarchy? How does it hurt or help you?
- Review your favorite Sikh apps.
Health & Wellness:
- Write a product review: shampoo, conditioner, eyebrow gel, hair dryers, straighteners, hair brushes.
- Write about hair care tips and tricks.
- Self esteem in Sikhi.