Welcome to the Kaur Life Community
We are dedicated to maintaining a respectful community that actively engages in lively discussions about articles and blog posts. Kaur Life strives to maintain a respectful, engaging, and thoughtful community of Kaurs who are supportive of each other’s identities and experiences.
Kaur Life’s website and social media is a place for people to support each other’s growth and Sikh journey, so that we can all become more loving, Gurmat-oriented Sikhs.
Please keep the following in mind when writing your comments.
Please be polite to all the members of our community, including other commenters, authors, and the subjects of articles.
Participate in conversations that respond to the post’s content and take responsibility for your comments and engage in good faith dialogue.
Keep in mind that there are real people reading your comments.
Above all, we believe strongly that the Kaur Life Community should be a safe and welcoming space. As such, any rudeness, insults, hate, hostility, personal attacks, bigotry, profanity, derogatory words, and negativity may be edited or removed and you may lose your ability to comment.
Don’t dismiss or deflect an issue raised by members of a marginalized group to which you don’t belong. Often, what makes you uncomfortable contradicts what you’ve been told as someone who belongs to the privileged group. In this case, it’s best to pay attention to other perspectives.
Sit in the discomfort of having your privilege pointed out and think critically about how the different forms of oppression you benefit from permeate our society.
Don’t reward disrespectful, problematic comments with attention.
In order to provide a safe space for our community, some comments may have to be approved by our moderator and may be pre-moderated by our team before posting to the site.
We do not allow comments that:
- Attempt to derail the conversation to a tangential topic that doesn’t further the conversation regarding the post’s content.
- Promote anti-feminism, sexism, homophobia, transphobia, racism, castism, classism, religious discrimination, ageism, fatphobia, ableism, or any other form of ignorance, discrimination, or hatred toward any group of people.
- Intend to personally attack another user or member of Kaur Life.
- Blame someone, particularly people sharing their personal stories, for their issues.
- Contain lewd, violent, or profane commentary or images.
- Are spam and posts that are commercial in nature.
- Are made by fake accounts.